1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Robin trimmer and edger quit

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mudwisr2, Jun 17, 2007.

1. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

Stick edger was running like a top and all of a sudden it quit. I thought I had bumped the kill switch so I pulled it again and it cranked right up. A few minutes later it died again. Now, I can't get it started.

Friday, one of my guys brought me a Robin trimmer that he was using and said he could not get it to crank back up. I thought it was flooded so I told him to grab another trimmer to finish up. Later that evening I tried to start it and had no luck. What is going on? I am using the same Shindaiwa synthetic oil, same mix, fresh gas. Fuel filters seem to be fine. What do you think??

2. Garden Thyme

Garden Thyme LawnSite Member

I had the same problem with my robin strimmer. I took it in to the supplier who gave it a once over and the problem was a blocked carb. I believe the carb is minute and can get blocked easy.
    It only happend once and I have now since worked +- 6 months with still working fine.