• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Robin Users

grasssin

LawnSite Senior Member
My lawn mower repair guy told me he is going to start carrying Robin equipment. He claims they are awesome tools to have and this might be perfect because I am going to buy another trimmer here in about a month or so ..........

Anyone use or heard how Robin compares to Stihl, Redmax, Huskie and Echo?

apluslawn

LawnSite Member
Robins are awesome they are right up there with the big boyz you wont be dissappointed to go with robin Ihave a makita trimmer which robin makes same trimmer as robin. they are SUPER light and very powerful:) :) :) :) Igive them 4 smiles!!!!!

nelbuts

LawnSite Bronze Member
Have used Robyn hedge trimmers for 12 years love them. Even though my news pair threw a bearing and requires a short block I still think they are the best. Parts are sometimes a PIA but it is usually the distributor not stocking them. Not the dealer. Also, have a new Echo HC180 with 30" bar and still love my Robyn.

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
I know people that will only buy Shindaiwa or Robin. Almost bought one once, but don't like the dealer that much. (and it's a shame, since he's my closest Exmark Dealer)

locutus

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think Robin is a division of Subaru if I'm not mistaken.

Metro, why is that skeleton avatar of yours picking it's nose? If one were a skeleton, one would lack the glands that produce boogers.

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
I bought a robin last year it is about 2 or 3 pounds lighter than the rest, I plan on getting another this year, I am very pleased with mine

locutus

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by metro-hp_48
You like this Avatar better, locutus? Got a million of them.
The skeleton was fine. I just couldn't figure out why he was picking a nose obviously devoid of boogers.

P.S. your Avatars seem to have a sinister theme to them. Is this by design? Also, is that clown trained in occular surgery?