Rock bed fix

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by FitzRightMowingService, May 20, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    FitzRightMowingService

FitzRightMowingService LawnSite Member

Thats the plan my man

Cam15 and Doc8406 like this.
  2. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

Given what you are looking at, knowing your physical ability.. how long do you think that it would take you to remove the rock, put in the new peat and screen, fill back in the rock.. 8 hours?

3. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Add more rock. No need to add dirt and peat moss. Either that or I’d leave it alone.

I’ll tell you right now he’s not going to want to pay what you want to remove all that rock, add soil, peat moss, fabric and then put the rock back. Probably wants to pay $10/hr based on how long it took him the 1st time.

4. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I agree with the others just add more rock. I would give the guy two prices one to do what the client wants $$$$ or to just add more rock and have it looking nice $$.

Cam15, hort101, Doc8406 and 1 other person like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    FitzRightMowingService

FitzRightMowingService LawnSite Member

I mow lawns and try to do small scaled landscape projects. I try not to over work myself when I take on side stuff so I plan on quoting it for a 2 day job.

I did a mulch install and clean up for him a few months back so he knows my price range. I never know if I'm under or over bidding myself. Have you ever ask the client?

Not a bad idea!

Cam15 and Doc8406 like this.
  6. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Ask the client what exactly? Are you charging enough? I’m sure the answer from them will general almost always be yes. Why would they say no? So you can charge them more?

Installing mulch and removing rock are not the same. You’ll find out that removing rock alone sucks, let alone having to save it and reinstall it.

7. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

You said its gonna take you 2days so we'll say those are 8 hour days so 16hrs x whatever your hourly rate is. Then look up how much the material is and do a 15% to 20% markup.