• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

rock planter

n2h20

LawnSite Senior Member
so this was my first attempt at a planter.. my friend is a sign guy and wanted us both to work on the planter ... so here it is .. what do you think?

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

sheshovel

LawnSite Fanatic
Well here's what I think,I would say you did a real nice job for your 1st attempt.But if you want me to tell you the truth
I think next time you should make your joints smaller
(less space bettween the rocks)and not use so many small rocks.
Also it looks like you were trying too hard with your placement of them.
You need to place them more in relation to other rather than side by side.Ya know what I mean? :D
Don't take offence,I really think it's good for your first one.
Oh and I don't care for that type of cap for that kind of informal wall.But you did OK

OP
N

n2h20

LawnSite Senior Member
actually the city made us use that cap.. its a "high class city" i wanted something el natural.. like flagstone or something.
the joints are mostly 1/2" between rock.. some vary..
Real rock, block wall.

thank you...

OP
N

n2h20

LawnSite Senior Member
sheshovel said:
Also it looks like you were trying too hard with your placement of them.
You need to place them more in relation to other rather than side by side.Ya know what I mean? :D
not really, what DO you mean? they are to close or to much of a repetition?

oh and the dark spots near the cap and on the ground (that annoy me).,. are water.. the gardner likes his water...

Dirty Water

LawnSite Fanatic
Well you did a great job of keeping the wall very well aligned verticly for being real rocks...It really looks like a concrete wall with cultured stone to me.

jd boy

LawnSite Member
sheshovel said:
Well here's what I think,I would say you did a real nice job for your 1st attempt.But if you want me to tell you the truth
I think next time you should make your joints smaller

you must be the worlds best landscaper. i can't think of the last time i read a thread you responded to that you didn't have a better way to do something.
usually i don't care, everyone has their opinions, but it is the same thing from you every time.
if you can spare a minute maybe you could share with us the flawless jobs you construct.

OP
N

n2h20

LawnSite Senior Member
ive got hidden weep holes in there.. thats why its all wet. i think the gardner has the sprinklers on for 20 mins everyother day... hes crazy////

would you guys have used regular spray sprinklers or that brown toro drip poly drip line?