1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

rock wall install quotes

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Dammscapes, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Dammscapes

Dammscapes LawnSite Member

Just landed a big job with a client, by just suggessting a simple change while we were on a small project. part of which calls for a large natural rock wall. Need about 18 tons of rock as far as i can messaure what would you guys pay for that? where do you get it from? by pallet or tonnage and how much is a pallet square footage wise?/
    thanks guys ill try to get some pictures up.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Just finished a 25 ft wall, high point was 2-1/2 high and charged $6400. The rocks we got free from a farmer that had been piling them for yrs. Guessing we used only about 9-11 tons

Mac

3. ToroMaster

ToroMaster LawnSite Member
    from Neenah

i did a wall out of natural stone that weighed about 150 lb. a piece. I built a 30 ft. x 5ft. slope wall for 1500.00 in labor.

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

zoinks!!!

$102 sf?

Could never fetch that around here. More power to you!:D

How deep was the wall? Mortared or dry stack?

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Dry stacked and we had to work around existing landscape to make it work thats why the high price+ did'nt want to do it:D

Mac