1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Rolled Hay?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by N.H.BOY, Sep 27, 2005.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know where to buy this "rolled hay", that has seedlings into them? I see the road crews up here using them when making new roads. I stopped and asked one day and the guy told me that it was a secret. Maybe he saw my trailer with my stuff and thought to be an a**hole. Anyways let me know,thanks. It looks to be about a 4 foot wide peice and about 20 feet long. :waving:

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

saw some at Home Depot.. I am sure others have it as well

3. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

WHAT Home Depot? really where? In the home and garden I'd would think!

4. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Just as a warning, this stuff is a pain in the arse if you ever have to do any raking around it. The netting usually gets tangled in and around the rake and its a mess to get out, as I have experienced personally. But on a better note, I've seen that the seeds germinate quicker with it compared to loose seed that has been spread by hand.

Jason

5. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Yep.. Home Depot... saw it today

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Leanards and most nursery outlets carry it. Can be very cost prohibited unless its use for erosion control. Do a search on the net for Curlex