Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if any one uses Royal Purple? I have a Scag with a 19hp Kawasaki, I use a straight 30. I was wondering if I could use Royal Purple in my mowers. (Rider and push mowers) I'm using the Kawasaki Synthetic, but its kinda high at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I don't see any reason not too. I run Mobil 1 synthetic in all my stuff, except for Amsoil in the truck right now. I might try Royal Purple in my mowers next time, and maybe in my truck, but that will be a while. I've put about 3000 miles on the Amsoil. The owner's manual recommends 7500 mile change interval, but with the synthetic, I'll probably go at least 10k.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I'm wondering if any one uses Royal Purple? I have a Scag with a 19hp Kawasaki, I use a straight 30. I was wondering if I could use Royal Purple in my mowers. (Rider and push mowers) I'm using the Kawasaki Synthetic, but its kinda high at the dealership.
Royal Purple at Napa here is $7.75 quart.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use it in my 69 camaro, my 96 camaro, my 02 grand prix,my 10hp Briggs intek in my chipper, the 18hp vanguard in my generator and the 8hp tecm in my snow thrower. I will use it in my 25 kohler in my cub for its next oil change. Its expensive, but it has longer oil change intervals and all my engines run smoother with it. I also picked up a 1.6 mpg in my grand prix just by switching over from reg dino oil. I won't even go into the fact, its much easier to start your car when temps are in the single digits in the winter. The folks at the speed shop I go to use it in their race engines. Bearing look brand new even after a full race season. Sometimes pep boys has it for $6.95 a quart.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Go with Amsoil's small engine oil, It will give you very good results. I am buying it in quanity for well under 6 bucks a quart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.