• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Rough day......

Jon99

LawnSite Senior Member
This is my second season...Got a call today and my very first customer can no longer afford to have his lawn mowed... Kinda of a bummer, not as busy as I was hoping I would be..

All together I have lost 3 other accounts, 2 because of price and one because they moved... As of right now, I have 11 residentials, two banks, a village park and an apartment that all take less than an hour plus two cemeteries, one that takes 6-7 hours and another that takes 4... Getting a few calls and have two estimates tommorrow, hopefully I can land at least one of those... From last year to this year, I have lost 4 residentials and have picked up a two building apartment property and a large cemetery...

Losing 4 of my 15 residential properties is bothersome to me, especially since none of them seem to be quality related.. Is this common???

robertsturf

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yes unfortunately it is . There are a lot of scrubs and regular competition out there. But the good lawn co's will stick out. DON'T GET DISCOURAGED!!!!

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
Just keep on providing quality work. I would rather have someone drop me over price than quality.