Round-up charge?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnspecialties, May 3, 2006.

  1. lawnspecialties

    lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,524

    I've got a good friend who has a small 5 or 6 account business. He mows the lawn for his small employer's building and has me do the applications. He has no pesticide license so I do it more or less to help him out.

    He asked me to come by when I could and spray some glyphoshate in the ditches and around the building (foundation, natural areas, etc.). I usually bill him, then he in turn bills the company. What the heck do I charge for just spraying "Round-Up"? I've never really had someone ask to just spray and do nothing else. All my accounts are full-service so it's always just been factored in. Thanks for the help.:)
  2. LLandscaping

    LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,016

    I would probably charge for the amount of chemical used plus your labor. I would figure a price to charge for each tank used. An example $25 for chemicals, one four gallon backpack and $30 labor to apply.
  3. indyturf

    indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy
    Messages: 1,901

    that sounds about right, I charge $50 per backpack thank with a 1 tank min.
  4. broske

    broske LawnSite Member
    Messages: 44

    In ct. it's illegal to bill for pesticides if you are not a licenced supervisor or a registered pesticide company.
  5. mowtime

    mowtime LawnSite Member
    Messages: 79

    I thought it was called glyphosate, or is it called glyphoshate. I thought you were the spelling police on lawnsite. Tighten up new boy

Share This Page