roundup kills creeping dayflower

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
Hey, Chris. Are you using an additional surfactant? I've found the use of Hel-Fire with gly really improves it's effectiveness with tough to kill weeds.

Landscape Poet

LawnSite Gold Member
The one weed that annoys the piss out of me is artillery fern.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hate it too. Using a higher concentration of Gly in a product called Aqua Neat which is a 58% is the only thing that I have found that does an effective job on it. I am not even sure that it is the extra gly that does the job or if it is another non active ingredient that nails it...but something in that product kills it. I am thinking it is a non active as I have tried mixing RU a little strong with not so great results

Landscape Poet

LawnSite Gold Member
No doubt! Never had the stuff in any beds until one of my customers purchased to pom-poms from a nursery and had them install them about nine months ago. That **** is popping up everywhere in their beds now!

Dont rush to assume it is that nursery yet...I have seen more of it this year than any other....last year was the first year I had lots of properties with it....other than lava rock properties...they have always tended to have it....but it seems on the rise in general too me.

I hate it too. Using a higher concentration of Gly in a product called Aqua Neat which is a 58% is the only thing that I have found that does an effective job on it. I am not even sure that it is the extra gly that does the job or if it is another non active ingredient that nails it...but something in that product kills it. I am thinking it is a non active as I have tried mixing RU a little strong with not so great results

Sureguard will turn it black...but I would rather not waste it just to kill some artillery fern. It's weird, sometimes RU will take care of it and other times it won't....not sure what causes the difference???

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
Well I blame it on them at least in those beds. It's was right on top of the root ball. They also brought in two birds of paradise and put them on each side of the house. The artillery showed up there shortly after that. Now the stuff is all over the beds. I wasn't even really familiar with this weed. Bad part about it, this is where I put my annuals. Can't really use SureGuard or any other preemergent there.

Last edited:

Top Forums