Roundup scare-benefiting business?

No gloves

LawnSite Senior Member
With the roundup scare and lawsuits has anyone actually benefited?have you gotten more hand weeding jobs that pay more in beds than spraying?I spray some beds(family)and hate it,they are large beds.i have gotten couple hour weeding jobs and prefer it much more.i think little by little this will become more common.i eventually gonna stop and say I recommend mulching/hand weeding.not worried about small beds,just larger ones as we have tiny properties and large properties in this area.just curious on your expieriences,thank you.

OP
N

No gloves

LawnSite Senior Member
The ones that don't want round up usually sign up for our environmentally friendly/organic program.

The rest get their dose of gly as needed.
elaborate please if possible.doesnt the cost of these organics cost more than hand weeding?I believe you have miniature landscapes in your area?thank you

BigJlittleC

Banned
doesnt the cost of these organics cost more than hand weeding?
depends on how much you pay for labor. Sure spray products will cost more then gly but your not looking at a huge increase. Plus you should be passing the additional cost to the client anyways.

And your forgetting the handy torch that can take care of weeds fast.

I believe you have miniature landscapes in your area?
I wouldn't call them miniature as the garden beds can be pretty large. They are on the smaller size though overall.

OP
N

No gloves

LawnSite Senior Member
depends on how much you pay for labor. Sure spray products will cost more then gly but your not looking at a huge increase. Plus you should be passing the additional cost to the client anyways.

And your forgetting the handy torch that can take care of weeds fast.

I wouldn't call them miniature as the garden beds can be pretty large. They are on the smaller size though overall.
have not experimented with a torch.everybody barks one time in their life around here and never again,at least it seems that way,and those store in a bag bark chips last forever so a little worried about that.i also assume worst case scenario so I wouldn't want to carry a fire extinguisher around or double check every water spicket in area just in case.