Row of clumped cut grass

Jmarcus

LawnSite Member
Run a 2020 Scag VR ll with 250hrs. About 50hrs ago I started leaving a row of clumped cut grass about where the middle and chute-side blade pass each other. Addressed all the obvious possible reasons (tire pressure, deck pitch/cleanliness, belt, etc.) and everything is good. Don’t run mulching blades or a kit. Does it a lot worse (and more often) when I run Scag OEM blades. (frustrating because they were my best blades) …assuming because they are heavierLighter the blade, less it happens.

Been in the shop twice in 5 weeks. They are stumped. Please help.

K c m

LawnSite Silver Member
Run a 2020 Scag VR ll with 250hrs. About 50hrs ago I started leaving a row of clumped cut grass about where the middle and chute-side blade pass each other. Addressed all the obvious possible reasons (tire pressure, deck pitch/cleanliness, belt, etc.) and everything is good. Don’t run mulching blades or a kit. Does it a lot worse (and more often) when I run Scag OEM blades. (frustrating because they were my best blades) …assuming because they are heavierLighter the blade, less it happens.

Been in the shop twice in 5 weeks. They are stumped. Please help.
4 reasons.
1. Running too fast through thick grass belt not tensioned correctly.
2. Too many sharpenings on blades
3. Knock off blades that aren’t to spect.
4. Lastly and i ran into this with my deere 652MOD. The baffles in front were bolted on so the suction wasn’t quite there at 3 and three quarters and up. Not sure if scag has a mulch in demand system. Changed to the non mod and no issues what so ever. (Kawi 730v, 52”, g5/6 gators)

Top Forums