rubber cap maybe?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by fga, Sep 10, 2006.

  1. fga

    fga LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,449

    i noticed today the plastic cap that cover the gears/gease on my trailer jack popped off and is missing?
    does anyone know if they sell rubber caps somewhere, or replacement caps for this?
    any quick fix ideas other then tape?
    the outside diameter is 2 1/8.
  2. lawnmaniac883

    lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,613

    Plastic wrap maybe? Iunno
  3. ed2hess

    ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 14,370

    Cut a beer can to fit and then wire it in place...then paint to blend it in.
  4. grassmanak

    grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 792

    id say just get a piece of 2inch pvc and pound it on, im sure it would fit tightly
  5. mcwlandscaping

    mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,163

    i think the PVC idea would be the best, and esiest
  6. fga

    fga LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,449

    thanks guys
    Home depot sells a 2" rubber cap with clamp for closing off PVC piping, so that was perfect.... but i went to the place where my truck was parked a few days ago, and there on the floor was the cap. so life is back in balence.

    but for the future, if this happens to anyone, rubber "qwick caps" from home depot.
  7. FearThisDeere

    FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,154

    Home Deopt didn't happen to have small square caps did they? I am missing one on my boat trailer.

Share This Page