1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Rubber hardscaping

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Dirty Water, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.rubbersidewalks.com/default.aspx

Anyone seen this?

I like the idea, but they installation guide they give for this is a bunch of crap. I could see these things being very heaved up installed the way they suggest.

They also say that its ok to notch the paver and lay them over roots :confused:

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I think that stuff looks silly. Plus I bet you can only use it in warmer climates where it doesnt get cold to where it'd contract and expland. The thing about the tree notching is a joke, that'll never work in the long run. Plus I bet a plow would tear those right off. And it just looks lame with all those "cuts"

3. Mark Hutchison

Mark Hutchison LawnSite Member

I think it is great idea!!!! I just wish those folks could control their product to closer tolerances. How do you lay a paver with a + or - 1/4 " variance in size. Also, the pins on the side will be a problem. I hope these problems can be solved because I love the idea of using up old tires however we can. I would like to see them staggered when they are layed. I guess you can only lay them side by side?

4. jamo1911

jamo1911 LawnSite Member

I just finished a rubber paver project. My customer saw them at a horse race track years ago and wanted it so I looked it up and went for it. They are glued to the existing concrete with a special glue that was supplied with the pavers. I only had to patch a few crack and small potholes.
    Most importantly she loved it.

DSC_0394 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0406 (Medium).JPG