Ruby grinding wheel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siclmn, May 2, 2001.

  1. siclmn

    siclmn LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 364

    I just recieved a ruby grinding wheel that I am putting on my home made blade grinder. It says on the wheel to use blotters between the wheel flanges. Just what is a blotter?
  2. Mr.Ziffel

    Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 291

    I'm thinking it would be felt spacers like you put on top of battery posts, but I don't know why you'd need them. To be sure, you could stop by Eastside Saw on BelRed Road and ask them--they should know about that kind of thing. Good luck, Will M.

    PS: Post a pic of your grinder when you're done.
  3. curlawngreen

    curlawngreen Banned
    Messages: 309

    Blotters are the paper washers that came with the wheel. They dampen vibration.
  4. Eric ELM

    Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
    Messages: 4,831

    I agree with what curlawngreen said. It is to protect the wheel and you will need a diamond dresser to get the wheel trued up also. This will also cut down on vibration.

Share This Page