• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

RUNNER/Joe

Shades of Green LService

LawnSite Bronze Member
I was hoping to contact you about your mix ratio w/ Mousquito barrierr. Tried PM but to no avail. I was just wondering what your ratio was being that you have sprayed this from a PG. I would really appreciate your input. Thanks.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
First of all,...I would like to give my sincere apology for not getting back to you in a timely fashion. I have been working crazy hours and have recently been eating, sleeping, and breathing Ground Control. As far as the mixing of Mosquito Barrier for the Permagreen, I mix it a bit under the recommended rate. The label calls for 128 oz. for 100 gallons of mix out of a tank mix. This is based on 1 to 2 gallons of spray per M. This gives us 1.3 to 2.6 oz. per thousand. I mix around 2.5 oz. per M, .75 oz. of oil, .25 oz. of soap. A splash of sticker will do the same thing, I believe. It is effective, but becomes more effective as an accumulative type treatment. In other words, after the first or second ap., you will see better or longer lasting results. I hope this helps.

OP
Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService

LawnSite Bronze Member
First of all,...I would like to give my sincere apology for not getting back to you in a timely fashion. I have been working crazy hours and have recently been eating, sleeping, and breathing Ground Control. As far as the mixing of Mosquito Barrier for the Permagreen, I mix it a bit under the recommended rate. The label calls for 128 oz. for 100 gallons of mix out of a tank mix. This is based on 1 to 2 gallons of spray per M. This gives us 1.3 to 2.6 oz. per thousand. I mix around 2.5 oz. per M, .75 oz. of oil, .25 oz. of soap. A splash of sticker will do the same thing, I believe. It is effective, but becomes more effective as an accumulative type treatment. In other words, after the first or second ap., you will see better or longer lasting results. I hope this helps.
Thanks so much Joe. That does help alot. Thanks again. I really do appreciate it.

americanlawn

LawnSite Fanatic
Shades -- have you used "Mosquito Barrier" yet? Wondering how well it works.

One of my customers lives on 5 acres, and he said he sprayed his lawn last fall, and it worked. He said it washes off with rain though.

I plan to buy some very soon & spray 'my' property for a test. I have 2 acres surrounded by trees & shrubs, so I will use a tree spray unit to fog the entire property--turf, trees, & shrubs .... maybe even mixing in some Crosscheck insecticide for a quick kill.

Please let me know. Thanks!

OP
Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService

LawnSite Bronze Member
Shades -- have you used "Mosquito Barrier" yet? Wondering how well it works.

One of my customers lives on 5 acres, and he said he sprayed his lawn last fall, and it worked. He said it washes off with rain though.

I plan to buy some very soon & spray 'my' property for a test. I have 2 acres surrounded by trees & shrubs, so I will use a tree spray unit to fog the entire property--turf, trees, & shrubs .... maybe even mixing in some Crosscheck insecticide for a quick kill.

Please let me know. Thanks!
Not yet. I,m gonna order it this month. I be sure to post after i apply the first app, Good luck.

americanlawn

LawnSite Fanatic
Thanks Shade -- seems mosquitoes & ticks are early here now. I'm gunna order some within 4 days & use it. Gempler sells it, but I'll try LESCO just in case. Thanks much, American.........