1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Running Flyers Doorhangers etc..

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Perfect Lawn, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

Just wanted to know if anyone in the southern areas started running there flyers yet? I put an ad in the paper 3 weeks ago ran about 300 doorhangers, and not one call yet. What do you guys think?:walking:

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

What kind of ad were you running (services)? When does your season usually start? How has the weather been down there? I know that we have not started to aggressively advertise yet. However, the time is coming up quickly.

3. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

Grass is not growing yet and still dormant. Just figured people would want to know who is mowing their yard this yr.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I mailed out 300 Direct letters on Feb 1st, signed 5 yearly contracts today, and got 3 landscaping jobs, a few people have called because they saw my new graphics on my trailer. It was like 75 deg today at 1pm.

5. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

Still cold here. We are still doing leaves, yard cleanupsand re-establishing old flower beds. We pass out flyers each season (4 X per year). Got an add in the newspaper and yellow pages. All seem to be working fine.

6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I was going to mail out tomorrow to a specific neighborhood that I'm targeting but it was 10 degrees this morning. Anything outdoors is the last thing on peoples minds right now. Granted, I'm mailing to them 3 times I'm waiting until next week yet then there is Valentines day so I may send it just after that when people don't have anything else on their mind.