Running more than one piece of equipment at a time

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Doing what mowdaddy says he does with his daughter shouldn't raise a concern for anyone, and if it does, they are just looking for something to argue over. It is not a big deal to do that in a parking lot to save time. he can't go more than 5-8 mph and expect to get everything as they pass by anyway, and that is no faster than we ride across the lawns while mowing and I KNOW no one wears a seat belt while mowing.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Maybe but you not going to see workers riding in pickup beds while blowing at any retail commercials here and I’m guessing in most major urban centres. The store Managers would be fielding complaints constantly.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
First there a large contingent of anti blower freaks in cities, second you got the safety police who see someone riding in pick up bed and flip out. So put someone in a pick up bed in a moving truck while running a bp and do the math. Just would not be done here unless store was closed. Possibly it was and I missed that. If so no problem.

OP
F

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
Why would people complain? Why would Shoppers care?
Many in NY and the Northeast in general feel a false sense of propriety over what others do, should be doing or aren't doing. Basically, they think you should lead your life exactly as they choose to and if you don't you need to be brought into line by the authorities. :)

OP
F

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
As I suspected, liberals.
The next door neighbor of a customer called 911 on me because I put some brush on an existing brush pile on my customer's property last spring. I was "ruining the neighborhood." It was 2 limbs from a Rose of Sharon that had split out. The Police had to come back months later when I cut the whole thing down and put that on the pile too, lol.

Last edited:

MowDaddy

LawnSite Fanatic
First there a large contingent of anti blower freaks in cities, second you got the safety police who see someone riding in pick up bed and flip out. So put someone in a pick up bed in a moving truck while running a bp and do the math. Just would not be done here unless store was closed. Possibly it was and I missed that. If so no problem.

Well I'm sure city centres in Eastern Canada are far more anal than northern MN. Our biggest worry is Moose walking down the streets and Grizzlies.

Last edited:

Top Forums