Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1,694 Posts
Muscles.......want to grow? I suggest dropping the lawn care. More and more people are tied up with little crap from fussy customers they don't have time or money to put into constuction needs. They spend more dollars on mowers and grow with pennies, doesn't work so well that way. In my area anyway.......too much competition and cheapo's.
Couldn't agree more man. So many people can't even afford to have an LCO at their place to begin with. Its just so hard for me cause I'm too young to own a truck but I'm gettin one this fall so it's all good. You'll see some awesome hardscape pics posted by me next year.

Random: "Don't worry about the dollars, watch the pennies" as my grandpa told my Dad and he to me.
What do you mean by this? I thought it was the other way around. Being "penny wise, dollar dumb" is what I've heard is bad.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Meaning, all the regular day expenses etc can really add up.

Say you debate a $100 pair of shoes and think hard on it yet you buy $5 of soda/snacks every day and think nothing of it. Based on just a 20 day work month, you just hit your $100 without the hard thinking.

Meaning, all the regular day expenses etc can really add up.

Say you debate a $100 pair of shoes and think hard on it yet you buy $5 of soda/snacks every day and think nothing of it. Based on just a 20 day work month, you just hit your $100 without the hard thinking.
Hey i spend 10 bucks a day on breakfast/lunch!!!!!

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I'm located in Ashburn, VA. Where did you move south.....in VA? I'm from Danville and can not wait to leave this area but now I've got this dang business :) :( Stuck here for a few years, then I'm out.

Maybe I'm ******** but I hate spending money on food. Go out and get a steak, dirnk water + tip you're still spending at least $20 for 12oz......and its not nearly as good as just grilling it at home.

Grew up in herndon...basically .5 miles from where route 7 hits fairfax county parkway. Parents still live there. Moved to Richmond...much slower, but not too slow. Cant beat the business and population density and people with $$$ in nova though. If you are ever down this way, send me a pm...we can grab a bite...or just grill out.:drinkup:

Maybe I'm ******** but I hate spending money on food. Go out and get a steak, dirnk water + tip you're still spending at least $20 for 12oz......and its not nearly as good as just grilling it at home.
Ahhh, I couldn't agree more. Fire up the grill, open a few beers and relax for the evening. Going out is so limited and unenjoyable if you do it regularly. The daily little BS pocket expenses can add up fast too as you point out. People really don't realise where their money goes.

Nice work!

I do question covering up the A/C unit like that though. Limiting the airflow through the condenser will compromise the efficiency of the unit and you won't get as much cooling capacity.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Thanks Five'o

If you were to look directly from the front vs side you could see space around the AC. If I remember correctly though I believe the grass is crowding but its getting divided this spring. It is twice the size of last year.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
To come:

* Step sides
* Spray liner
* Retractable bed cover.......really looking forward to that
* Audio.....Infinity Kappa and maybe navigation
* Currently 245 tires, may move to 265
* Billet grill
* Tune

wow! very nice work. Equipment and trucks are beautiful. Nice chevy. Since you are debating lettering it you should just put widow decals on the crew cab part. nice clean look, and still gets the idea out there. Once again very nice stuff.

21 - 40 of 1,694 Posts