Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 60 of 1,694 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
I'll have to do some thinking on it. Really, rare that business comes from lettering as most is referrals. First I'm going to add the goods I want to the truck to make it 'mine'.

I'm in no rush, if I do something it will be very simple but classy. Make sense?

Gorgous truck btw. You must not do all that much driving. I basically live in my truck and when it comes time to buy another one i sure as heck do not want another 2500. I want something that drives like a cadiallic!

Gorgous truck btw. You must not do all that much driving. I basically live in my truck and when it comes time to buy another one i sure as heck do not want another 2500. I want something that drives like a cadiallic!
Put an Air Ride Technologies air suspension set up on. You get the air ride feel without losing any towing or payload capacity.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
It rides good. I went with this because its my Tahoe and truck in one vehicle if you think about it. I got the diesel just to spoil myself. Plus, if I went gas I would get the same MPG I get on my other Chevy. Then I wouldn't want to drive it and then, well whats the point then.

If the ride bothers me in the future I'll change things but I don't really see that happening.

My parents have an '02 Tahoe and it is a comfortable ride. Big poofy leather seats haha.

I think today I'm going to break 100 miles on it :( I'll use the truck for running around, doing estimates, meeting customers, towing my car to the track etc.

Did I mention going to the VT football game on the 15th? Mmmmm, tailgate, can't wait! Have to get me a VT sticker for the back window and license plate frame, just to make it official you know? Got to support my HOKIES!

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Heck they can barely beat a high school team in their first outing, LSU is going to tear em up....
I'll put money on the Hokies over the Hoyas anyday :)

Yeah, game one sucked. Hopefully just a lot of emotion in light of recent events and ceremonies at the game. I'm sure Beamer is busting balls this week and hopefully they'll pull through.

I'll put money on the Hokies over the Hoyas anyday :)

Yeah, game one sucked. Hopefully just a lot of emotion in light of recent events and ceremonies at the game. I'm sure Beamer is busting balls this week and hopefully they'll pull through.
now you know the only thing I can count on the hoya's for is a paycheck, you know wher my true allegiance lies....One day we'll show the Hokies what the SEC is all about....

Discussion starter · #50 ·
I'm on day two of not being able to make up my mind on a simple little thing.....which step sides for the Chevy? I'm leaning towards the solid, wider step sides vs tubes.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Musical instrument Product Font Line Piano

Nice truck but I like the look of the new GMC's better than the Chevies. They look tougher. I wish I had your problem of trying to decide which running boards to put on my new truck. Business must be good with all these jobs shown.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Yup, good year. Honestly, I like the GMC's more too but this one has grown on me a lot. Once I'm done with it I'll certainly like it even more.

I was looking at another $4,000 for the GMC based on availability + a 2hr drive, one way. Got a good deal and drove it home. They didn't want to give me the price I was looking for but when I headed for the door and told them I'm going to buy a GMC they bit :)

I would go with the tubes. Definelty gives it a more sportier look. imo.

I like the auto drop down steps. I friend of mine just got them on his lifted 07 GMC and I stare in jealousy every time I see them. That said, I have the tubes on my 02 GMC and I think they look decent.

WTF Thomas, you hijacked your own thread.

Who gives a sh!t? It's a friggin truck. Just don't go putting loud exhaust on a company truck. It's borderline unprofessional.

Now let's see more project photos..... you guys are worse than women with your "accessorizing". :rolleyes:

Discussion starter · #60 ·
WTF Thomas, you hijacked your own thread.

Who gives a sh!t? It's a friggin truck. Just don't go putting loud exhaust on a company truck. It's borderline unprofessional.

Now let's see more project photos..... you guys are worse than women with your "accessorizing". :rolleyes:
Don't worry, I ordered a stack exhaust today but only doing one big 24" in the middle. The bed is going to transform into a bbq'r with Dip N Dots ice cream on the right and smoothies on the left. I'm also putting air bags and 24" spinners on it cause its real tight and thats how I roll. Tomorrow I'm going to Pep Boys for some fake me out Fast and the Furious stickers. Being in the 'know' I heard you get 50hp and 800tq but you didn't hear it from me.

Simple question....which step sides look best on the truck, have a beer, they're on order.:drinkup:

41 - 60 of 1,694 Posts