Ryan Lawnaire ZTS

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Reedo, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Reedo

Reedo LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from S.E. Minnesota

I am really interested in the Ryan ZTS aerator. I really like the fact you can set your depth and adjust the down pressure up without having to worry about hitting softer ground and going too deep. The machine felt comfortable and had a suspension platform. Also like the self tensioning chains.
    I'm currently running the Exmark 30" ride on so that is what I am comparing it to. I have not seen the Turfco XT8 yet and I'm curious what others think about the Ryan and the Turfco compared to the Exmark.

2. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Did u end up getting the Ryan? If so how has it held up

3. Reedo

Reedo LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from S.E. Minnesota

I haven't purchased one yet but have been running one alongside the Exmark for a few days at this point and should have it for the remainder of the season to get a good feel of it before purchasing. I personally only have about a half hour on it but it seems to have improved upon the Exmark in every way. The Ryan is definitely more comfortable, that was noticed right away. It also is noticeably more powerful. It pulls a very nice plug and leaves a cleaner hole than the Exmark. Serviceability and overall build quality/engineering is much improved also.

4. Tarheel Lawn

Tarheel Lawn LawnSite Member

I bought a Ryan last year closer to the end of the season, I've ran the toros and exmarks and they are ok but I like the chain setup on the Ryan. Auto adjusting is the way to go I also always felt like the front end was light on the toro, I don't feel that way on mine, I like it, with that being said it broke a shaft around 30hrs last season and I broke it again yesterday, other side but still it only has 80hrs and it's making me worry. Mine was probably one of the first models but the productivity when it's running is worth it. The final reason I went with the Ryan is my dealer, the other one across town will gouge you for anything and I don't really want to be needing parts from them in a hurry. Hopefully I can get it back quick and we will see how it holds up.