Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The 40V XGT line is primarily OPE centered. Lots of nice looking trimmers, blowers, mowers, etc. in that lineup. No chainsaws yet though, and the cost to buy is a lot
They say 30cc equivalent, reasonable claim or rubbish? I’m getting to the point where battery tool life is a moot concern with a steadily improving in car charging system.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
They say 30cc equivalent, reasonable claim or rubbish? I’m getting to the point where battery tool life is a moot concern with a steadily improving in car charging system.
Depends on what type of 30cc. I doubt it’d take the 1.8hp 30cc Echo 3020, but I’d imagine it could take the 1.4hp 30cc Redmax 3050 pretty easily

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Yes. 2100 is the gasser 225 equivalent IIRC, 2600 is the gasser 2620 equivalent
no, those are not equals. I have the 2600, it doesn't even hang with a 225. 2100 is shorter and made for homeowners.
Depends on what type of 30cc. I doubt it’d take the 1.8hp 30cc Echo 3020, but I’d imagine it could take the 1.4hp 30cc Redmax 3050 pretty easily
You really think the 2600 can take a redmax 3050 easily. I assure you it does not.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
The redmax 3050 is a fairly strong trimmer in my opinion. I ran one for 2 summers and in no way does the echo 2600 battery powered trimmer hold a candle to the 3050 when it comes to power and productivity. I apologize if my response seemed harsh, it's just that particular claim in regards to being equal to the gassers doesn't come from the world I live in.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The redmax 3050 is a fairly strong trimmer in my opinion. I ran one for 2 summers and in no way does the echo 2600 battery powered trimmer hold a candle to the 3050 when it comes to power and productivity. I apologize if my response seemed harsh, it's just that particular claim in regards to being equal to the gassers doesn't come from the world I live in.
How long did/have you run the 2600?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Just got it. I'm not disappointed in the purchase at all. I knew exactly what I was getting. It is right in line with my other battery units and will be a good trimmer. Plus the battery from the echo 2600 also fits my older shindaiwa t3000 so now I can use the batteries I have.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Are we not going to discuss how absolutely terrible the reverse rotation head is on the ego? Returned the one I picked up. Hated that thing. The Milwaukee split shaft is sooooo much better. Hard to edge with, hard to trim with, throws grass in the pool. Good bye ego.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Both these trimmers are powerhead units with counter clockwise rotation. I’ve successfully modified all three powerheads to be dual directional because I’m a lefty. The way most people feel about clockwise rotation is how most lefty’s feel about counter clockwise. I’m absolutely thrilled with my powerheads able to spin a trimmer clockwise while being able to switch back to normal and run the other attachments properly. I recently added a Greenworks 80v powerhead to my arsenal.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts