• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

ryobi stuff

locutus

LawnSite Bronze Member
In my opinion they are junk. I would only consider buying one as a stop-gap measure, until I could afford a good commercial piece of equipment.

pjslawncare/landscap

LawnSite Bronze Member
You would actually spend more money on Ryobi by the time you replace it three or four times and running back and forth to the store. Wiser to buy commercial stuff rite from the get go.

hortboy

LawnSite Member
there commercial grade equipment isn't bad, I run the commercial string trimmers along w/ my stihls and both are comparable, what I do like is ryobi is made by MTD and there service is superior, they send new parts no questions asked. I wore out a bump head last year just by an employee always keeping it in contact w/ the cement and instead of them just sending me the part I got the whole assembly, which was great. Also ryobi offers a 2 year warranty on all there commercial grade equip. How can you go wrong w/ that and it even includes wear parts.

FFMED74

LawnSite Member
Thought I would SAVE some $$$ with cheap ryobi stuff, the trimmer was junk, but I have to say to my suprise the hand blower I have does a good job, started about the 2nd pull all last year, but I concur with the most here stay away.