Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ryobi 25cc curved shaft commercial grade trimmer I use around the house. It sat all summer with old gas. So I dumped the bad gas out and filled it up with new gas. I got it to run but you had to feather the throttle to keep it going, It ran at full to 3/4 throttle but at anything below that it would bog and die. So I went to use it the next day and the primer bulb stayed compressed and it would not start. I suspect that the carb is plugged. I can work on lawn mower, tractor, and car engine carbs but those little 2 cycles confuse me. I tried once to fix one and failed. So could the local small engine repair shop replace the parts in the carb and clean it or would I be better off to buy a new carb? And where could I get one? thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
Thats odd, I didnt know Ryobi made a commercial trimmer. Do yourself a favor and buy a new carb or throw the whole thing in the trash. Get a stihl trimmer and make sure you start it atleast once a month and burn the old gas out of the carb

·
Registered
776 Posts
A carb can be anywhere from $40 to $120. But seriously, ryobi and homelite are both not know for quaility. Find a local dealer and buy a good quality full crank machine. Stihl, Echo, Shindaiwa, Husky, Tanaka and Redmax are all recommended brands.

·
Banned
165 Posts
The trouble is that its a Ryobi, it just sounds bad. All there tools are junk, and people fall for buying there cheap crap. I bought a Ryobi cordless drill from home depot and within 2 months it was junk and pathetic. I but a Ryobi weed wacker from Home Depot a while back and it never ran correctly or had enough power to cut so i returned it the next day without getting a replacement and I would never buy there brand again. Yeah it may be cheap but you pay for what you get. My uncle has all those +1 cordless tools and they constantly die on him so he just goes and buys another because they are so cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.