S-205's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by S-205, Mar 31, 2014.

1. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I was alone that whole job haha except my wife helped me clear a little brush. I was getting lazy by the end

NLPS likes this.
  2. S-205

from Ontario

A customer bought this very lightly used (basically new) brush cutter. It’s a Billy Goat Outback, he used it once and doesn’t want it anymore. He used it on an overgrown hill. So I picked it up today for 1000 bucks. I have a couple places I’d like to use it at the house, and a few jobs that already want some mowing done. I used it briefly today and seems to work OK. It’s a Honda!

53FE96FF-910E-4CF0-8765-58C2291233C5.jpeg

hort101 likes this.
  3. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Nice scoreThumbs UpThumbs Up

4. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

Youll like it for overgrown stuff, really shreds the debris down. I find that with small jobs though, sometimes string trimmers and loppers are faster. Does the trans have a differential lock for hills? The DR we used to rent did and it worked good. The Turf Teq I bought this year doesn't and my guys have to manhandle it.

hort101 likes this.
  5. S-205

from Ontario

No it doesn’t have the diff lock, I used it briefly on a bit of a slope and definitely saw how that would help. I know on my wheeling rig, adding diff lock is like adding 4wd all over again. Most of the jobs I have lined up for it are slopes too

hort101 likes this.
  6. S-205

from Ontario

I sold the Bobcat 323 yesterday, actually made 4000 bucks on it, we’ve done really well on the used equipment we’ve been buying over the last couple years. The bucket pins were a little loose in this machine and the turntable made a bit more noise than I would have liked. I really liked the machine overall it was a great size. I put about 20 hours on it this season, so we can’t really justify owning one but when they’re good deals we snatch them up.
    Next purchases I think will be some mowers, would really like to go EFI I think but I’d love some first hand feedback on that. We use our 48” Scag a lot on hills and bigger fenced yards and this year has been wet so it’s lighter and easier on the grass.
    I’d like to replace that machine first with another 48. I like the ZTR, tried the stander and it wasn’t for me. We have two ZTR’s running at almost all of our jobs.

06B126BD-FBF7-4772-A22B-09A7117D05EE.jpeg

hort101 likes this.
  7. S-205

from Ontario

24 Emerald Cedars, not my favourite tree but after the grading and grass seed was done he wanted privacy from his numbers. 130 bucks a tree retail and we get them for nearly have at contractor pricing :weightlifter:

C16EAB32-E587-4D50-87C7-69944BE73CC5.jpeg

NLPS and hort101 like this.
  8. S-205

from Ontario

Ordered up some Airlifter 5000 air bags, should be nice for when the salter is loaded up and the heavier trailers are on. I can’t believe it’s me taken this long to actually get them and install them.

9E38B407-5CCB-4581-AD21-F0A287C13C24.jpeg

UpNorthMowing and Doc8406 like this.
  9. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

I got a flatbed on my 250 and would like to do the same thing. How expensive were they and was it a hard install?

Btw. Get a mini skid. Will make the work your doing a ton easier.

S-205 likes this.
  10. S-205

from Ontario

I did the install myself, it wasn’t too bad actually. I liked doing it because it gave me a chance to clean up and paint the frame.

They gave a prewired harness for my Ford, so it’s just plug in. The only thing to do really is line up and drill holes and get hardware. We put thick rubber strips between the bed and frame for vibration and corrosion.

As for a mini skid I’ve had a few over the years, I’m always looking for a good deal. This year having a mini ex I didn’t feel the need to have a mini skid though, especially because we have our Bobcat. Our equipment sits a lot because we do more maintenance than install. But next year I may do more. Minis hold their value so I never hesitate on one when it’s a good deal.

Was thinking about something like this but it’s too wide for gates and they wanted 21,500 for it.
    I’m still after a Kubota BX tractor and backhoe because I think for the small amount of installs we do it may come in handy. And attachments are cheap

1D062243-ACE3-4021-92B1-5826DBE27564.png