S-205's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by S-205, Mar 31, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Yep it can haul the bobcat, the trailer is about 2500 empty so it leaves almost 8k of payload for the bobcat which is nice.

Thanks for the compliments on my truck, it's been really good. The truck sounds amazing now that I've straight piped and done an intake.

I am not the biggest fan of pintles maybe it's because I have a ball/pintle combo and there's a lot of play between the truck side and trailer side. But my dump is pintle so maybe I'll get another eventually. For now it's fine I think.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

If you decide to go with a Kubota, I would get it at Kooy Brothers. Everyone is fantastic to deal with and they will do their best to help you pick one for your needs. Plus, they have a showroom the size of a baseball field so you can actually sit in the machine and get a feel of it.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

If you get a real pintle or a 2 5/16 combo you won't have the slop.

I think they're safer imo
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. OP
    OP
    S-205

from Ontario

I was going to go to Kooy brothers the other day actually when they had an open house. I've never been before, but thanks for your advice. I'll definitely consider it, my dad has ordered plow parts from them and seemed to have a good experience.

I have a 2 5/16 combo right now, but I should probably get a real pintle. I will at some point but for how much I use my dump trailer I'll keep the combo.

5. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

I went to the open house as I always do, easily 1000-1500 people throughout the day.
    Next open house is on October 4th IIRC for the "Snow Show" as they call it, try to make it out there if you can! PM me if you have any questions or if you want the names of the people that serve me. :canadaflag::canadaflag::canadaflag:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  6. OP
    OP
    S-205

from Ontario

Are you an LCO Porcupine or a supplier?

Time for clean ups, because of a major ice storm we had the first process is getting all the sticks picked up, I've done 6 loads to the dump so far, and its free to dump which is nice. Usually we dump and burn everything at home.

This property we are on is so nice. We marketed and landed 3 of these massive houses and properties for full maintenance. The one house has a garage for his Semi, and 2 level trailer full of collector cars. The other has garages with 6 door, 4 doors, and 2 doors. One is filled with collector cars probably totally 1 million dollars and the other is similar. Hopefully the people are nice to work for.

IMG_5765_Edited.JPG

IMG_5763_Edited.JPG

IMG_5760_Edited.jpg

IMG_5757_Edited.jpg

IMG_5752_Edited.JPG

7. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

I'm an LCO, hence the name :)
    People always ask though!
    I speak very highly of them because it's the truth.
    I'm about 30-40 minutes away so I don't make it out there too often.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

s-205, are you solo or have employees? i really like the setup with the enclosed and dump trailer with the regular cab truck. very nice! what size enclosed is that?

9. OP
    OP
    S-205

from Ontario

I have a part time helper, and another employee basically full time for landscape installs and maintenance a couple days.

Thanks the regular cab is nice for working I like it so far. The cummins is more of a back up for now it doesn't get used much for work until we get 2 crews going.
    The enclosed is an 8x16 with a dovetail. It's a good size but for this year i'd like to haul 2 riders and the walk behind for the bigger accounts I just picked up. It's tight in the enclosed with all that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. OP
    OP
    S-205

from Ontario

Bought myself a little toy after a long winter (which is apparently still here, got 5 cm this morning) I just couldn't stay away from the Toyota's. Its a 1986 4Runner, SR5, power everything, with sunroof, 5 inch lifted, solid axle swap from an 85, 33's, 4.88 gears and rear locker. Best part it, it has 560,000 km's. Toyota's, hands down, outlive every other gas vehicle. :clapping:

IMG_5812_Edited.JPG

IMG_5811_Edited.JPG

IMG_5816_Edited.JPG

IMG_5817_Edited.JPG

IMG_5819_Edited.jpg

IMG_5820_Edited.JPG