1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Safari For Whiteflies?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Dreams, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I used safari for the first time. Is it what you'd use to solve whiteflies? They sure peez me off...

Thanks

2. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

never used the product at all, isn't it suppose to translocate through the leaf to the other side? osmosis like?

good luck if its a crape myrtle that has developed a nasty case of black sooty mold also:)

3. Green Dreams

from Texas

Nah...its a lady over in Memorial. Her hibiscus are in pots and going down fast.

4. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Safari works extremely fast and well! I just drenched my Hibiscus 2 days ago with Safari/Miracle Gro on the back deck, and ALL Aphids are long gone :)

Reapply/Drench soil again in 6 weeks. 3rd application use another insecticide labeled for whitefly like Acephate/Orthene, so you dont create resistant insects.

Safari is my all time favorite Systemic. Way less toxic that Temik.

Pete D.

5. Green Dreams

from Texas

Thanks, Pete. Hopefully I get good news soon on this one. Lord knows I charged them enough.

6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Camileas were usually hardest hit when I worked in San Antonio. Back then, we had good luck with Malathion or Orthene. Periodic sprays were often needed.