1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

safety glass's

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Lawn-Guy, Feb 28, 2009.

?

what do u wear for eye protection?

1. sunglass's

131 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. actual safety glass's

186 vote(s)
    53.1%
  3. some sort of full face mask

5 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. nothing

28 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I get mine at depot too, and allways carry extra for idiot helpers

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

3. kmclawn

kmclawn LawnSite Member

I get my safety glasses from ACME Electric. Each of my employees gets a pair of smoked and clear lens when they start. They are the wrap around type so they do protect quite well. They only cost $6.00 a pair. I don't take any chances with eyes.

4. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I wear my oakleys as well. #1 they look good. #2 they are comfortable. #3They have great eye protection.#4 They have a great replacement policy, if anything breaks just send them in.

Anyone who does not wear them you have to be an idiot. I was one of those guys who never wore them until i had a pebble going probably aroun 50mph right into the centre of my eye. I droped to the ground in the worst pain ever. Iwas luckly near my house so i didnt even finish the yard and just walked home. an hour later i went back and finished the yard and then was done for the day. Anyways a pebble in the eye will ruin your day.

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Agreed, also a piece of 1" X 3" mulch flying into the center of your eye will smart something fierce :cry:. I wear Evelex safety/sun glasses, but I think I'm going to check out the Stihl ones from all of the positive remarks I've read. Any one have a recommendation as to a good all around lens color?

6. kmclawn

kmclawn LawnSite Member

7. WrightWay05

WrightWay05 LawnSite Member

i wear oakleys but i believe they may be safety rated they are the big ones i call them nascar glasses but they work really well.

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I wear my bike glasses Best dam Glasses you can buy..If they can take a rock hit at 110+MPH then thay can take what ever a trimmer throws at it.

Plus there foam padded so nothing gets in there!

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have some stihl and my guys turned me on to a brand called Pugs. they have some poly carb styles and they fit very well and hold up well. got em at a gas station

10. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear Stihl Crossfires.