Safety Minded

Discussion in 'NALP' started by TheNALP, Sep 1, 2015.

1. TheNALP

TheNALP LawnSite Member

1. What is your biggest safety concern on the job?
    2. What is your biggest safety hazard?

2. MyLawnCareLLC

MyLawnCareLLC LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

1. Customers and bystanders coming closer and closer to mowers and dangerous equipment when they should wait 2 seconds for me to shut it off and approach them instead.
    2.Cars, cars, & and drivers texting in their cars on the road when loading and unloading mowing equipment from the trailer. Thats why everything we wear is hi-Viz, use safety cones and everything has strobe warning lights on it.

3. yardsmowed

yardsmowed LawnSite Senior Member

All of the above though I don't work in many high traffic areas but we do wear hi vis. Throwing a rock thru car glass. Done it.

One danger I think of is heat related injury and over heating in our HOT humid south. Be careful out there.

4. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Senior Member

Rocks through windows and people walking down sidewalks and just standing there they could potentially get hurt and sue us

Heat stroke

5. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

Use to be working roadside of 4 lanes no more since I got grassflap.

Biggest worry is insane drivers just crazy people could care less even job to job riding 5ft off trailer gate idiots. Got nailed last year whiplash some girl texting with 2 babies in car slammed my trailer through truck bed and broke bumper in half

6. JagT20N

JagT20N LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from will county Il

mine is people and hidden objects , the second is cars as I have had a few not pay attention and drive on to the property .