1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the March 26 article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Salary Survey

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassRoots Lawn Care, Jul 8, 2000.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

In reply to Phil's message: This year I finally have reached the point where I have more work than I feel comfortable doing by myself. I have hired a part-timer to work one day a week (Friday of course). It became instantly apparent to me that I would have to increase my new bid prices. Although I was able to cut an extra 4 to 5 lawns a day with my new helper I was only making an extra 10 bucks. The cure is price increases for nearly 50% of my existing customers (none of which complained), removal of distant customers and adding 25% to my gut feeling bids.

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Richard Martin,<br>One way to look at it is, even though it is only an extra $10 you do the easy work all day...mowing. Your worker is the one taking all the flying debris, dirt, grass and pain; not you. <p>Rick<br>LawnWorks

3. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

I'm so poor, I had to sell my truck for gas money<br>:)<p><br>Just kidding, Remeber biger is not always better, keep costs down, analyze your business plans. Listen to Bill<br>

4. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

I made $1,354,905 last year with my 21&quot; Lawnboy. Do you think I could possibly hit the $1,500,000 range if I went with a Dixie Chopper? I hear they are pretty fast, but are they that much faster than my 21&quot;? <br>Just had to do that! lol<p>----------<br>When the mowing gets tough, sharpen your damn blades!<br>

5. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a suggestion here. If you really want solid information, you might want to do this as an e-mail response. Then letter-code the respondants, and gather the region where each is located since that is a big factor.<br>When you get done, post the results like Ray did but without naming names. This type of survey is done by one of the trade mags each year.