Sales Tax?

Adam J White

LawnSite Member
Hi, I am in my second year as a lawn care company and have around 40 customers I service all summer long. I use yardbook.com and there app to keep myself organized and also bill most of my customers through the site/app. Last year I did not owe anything in taxes because of all my initial costs. This year however I assume I will owe uncle sam at the end of the year and so have started putting money away for that. I noticed the other day built into my invoice generator I have the option to add sales tax onto my invoices. Is it pretty standard to add sales tax onto your invoices in the lawn care business? I am still solo right now but just about ready to start growing and realized I need to get my business model in line before I grow ahead of myself. Thanks to any and all suggestions/advice.

DonaldL

LawnSite Member
Hi, I am in my second year as a lawn care company and have around 40 customers I service all summer long. I use yardbook.com and there app to keep myself organized and also bill most of my customers through the site/app. Last year I did not owe anything in taxes because of all my initial costs. This year however I assume I will owe uncle sam at the end of the year and so have started putting money away for that. I noticed the other day built into my invoice generator I have the option to add sales tax onto my invoices. Is it pretty standard to add sales tax onto your invoices in the lawn care business? I am still solo right now but just about ready to start growing and realized I need to get my business model in line before I grow ahead of myself. Thanks to any and all suggestions/advice.
Services aren’t taxable in Florida. I’m guessing if you add it someone will call your bluff...or call the state. Sales tax and income tax are two very different taxes. I’m sure you know that, but the way it’s worded in your post they kinda get lumped together.

MCR66

LawnSite Member

MCR66

LawnSite Member
Here in NY , we have to charge sales tax . I think it all depends on what state you're in .

Top Forums