• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

sandy beaches

cjcland

LawnSite Senior Member
i installed a sandy beach on a lake front and i was wondering what is a good pre-emergant for this sand since there will be kids playing on it and run off into the water, i have been using round-up but every week i come back and there are just as many weeds, just differant ones, what would you guys do?<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

Barkleymut

LawnSite Bronze Member
If there are ANY fish, aquatic life at all then you WILL KILL them with Pre-em. Sorry, but you need to learn more before doing this type of work.

grasskutter

LawnSite Member
I dont mean to be a weenie, but read some material about what you are doing, If not please read Rachel Carsons Silent Spring, a book about what can happen if you spray stuff and don&quot;t know what you could do(DDT spraying in the early years)<p>----------<br>grasskutter@cs.com<br>

OP
C

cjcland

LawnSite Senior Member
thats why im here, see now i know that, thank you. it would be one thing if i did it before asking<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida<br>