• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

SAP and their 250% price increase for customer portal

OP
kemco

kemco

LawnSite Platinum Member
I had my first phone call today where they took down a list of all services we provide and will be setting that up for us. Then got about 3 vid links from then to watch prior to my actual online training. They said they are about 1 to 1 1/2wks backed up on onboarding. But in the meantime I'm to watch the vids and get ready for the first training sometime in the next 1 to 2 wks.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
I had my first phone call today where they took down a list of all services we provide and will be setting that up for us. Then got about 3 vid links from then to watch prior to my actual online training. They said they are about 1 to 1 1/2wks backed up on onboarding. But in the meantime I'm to watch the vids and get ready for the first training sometime in the next 1 to 2 wks.
Outstanding let us know how it goes.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
I will say, if SA automations are like realgreens automated emails, It would be silly not to do it.

Automatic payment reminders
Automatic after service emails
Automatic credit card expiring emails
Automatic estimate follow-up emails

all these are seriously indespensible
Anderman are you a RG? Everyone states that SA can do all that with there automations.

Ghopper3345

LawnSite Member
I’m with sap no way can it do all that. We use and built systems to do that. We were waiting for years for sap to come up with them and the finally did we did the demo with sap to try out the new feature and what a let down. I feel if you look outside sap you can do the same thing as RG as we did for the past 10 years. But now with the cost and all the extra work not worth it. Better just to use one program that will do it all and do it better

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
I’m with sap no way can it do all that. We use and built systems to do that. We were waiting for years for sap to come up with them and the finally did we did the demo with sap to try out the new feature and what a let down. I feel if you look outside sap you can do the same thing as RG as we did for the past 10 years. But now with the cost and all the extra work not worth it. Better just to use one program that will do it all and do it better
Ghopper. Will give automations a whirl this year. It seems that it works well for past due invoices. I am usually pretty good figuring out software. I will try to set it up for call aheads and other things. Any other SA users out there that use automations?

OP
kemco

kemco

LawnSite Platinum Member
You can also do, forgive me for not knowing the correct word not "spoof," but alternative I guess emails. I've got service@…..... And a few others that all go to the same email account.

andersman02

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yes I am, these automatic emails are .15 each. No set up fee

If your software has them, use them

hoyboy

LawnSite Senior Member
Ghopper. Will give automations a whirl this year. It seems that it works well for past due invoices. I am usually pretty good figuring out software. I will try to set it up for call aheads and other things. Any other SA users out there that use automations?
We use automations. It works well for past due invoices, post service emails, follow ups, etc. I love the ability to follow up on previously sent proposals. I've not tried call-aheads though, but I'm guessing it can be done.

Master Schedules in SAP is probably the best scheduling feature of any software out there, imo. SAP shines in the scheduling department.

Like others, though, I'm thoroughly frustrated with the Tickets feature. It was a major part of SAP....now we don't even use it.