SAP in-house merchant services?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kemco, Oct 9, 2019.

1. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

Got an email today about service autopilot and the cc processor Clearent has teamed up. Anyone familiar with Clearent. I'm currently using SAPs portal but Global payments as the processor. Fees are high. My average adding every fee up is just a tad over 4%. We do take American Express.

I've talked to a bank rep locally who says they think they can get me closer to a 2.5% average again all fees included.

I've been on the fence to change merchants anyway so anyone with info on Clearent is appreciated.

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

If you change merchants to outside of what sap offers will it still sync with their program and work on their portal?

Fresh_Cut likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    kemco

The bank rep told me yes it would. Just like when I signed up with global payments, formally open edge, one of their reps logged into my computer and did something remotely inside of my SAP setup screen and that's how that works. Assume the bank would do the same. I explained to them, bank rep, the portal, the system etc they just told me if global payments can be set up to do it they can too.

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, it will work. We use a local bank as our merchant and also use the portal.

kemco likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    kemco

Update. Jonathan and Daniel sold the majority ownership of SAP to the merchant I was asking about, Clearent. So Clearent is now SAP so hopefully all of that will work for the best. After talking to the reps today and having a cost comparison done they are going to save me quite a bit conservatively $2000 a year based on what we are currently processing. And it could be a bit more than that. And they have an 11pm cutoff for next day funding. I've had about a 5pm cut off with 2 day funding. So getting my $ earlier will be nice too.

Fresh_Cut and JFGLN like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    kemco

Yeah I like this next day funding thing!!!! They also pointed out that with global payments I was paying $49 per month to get a paper statement. I never knew it was buried in a list of about 40 fees and it didn't read "statement fee". It's bs like that that I hate. I'm fine with online just wasn't ever given the option with global payments.

JFGLN likes this.
  7. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

When you switch do you have to re-enter all the credit card info?

8. OP
    OP
    kemco

Thats a rub all to itself. I learned that the credit card info on file are called "tokens". You have to request a "release of tokens to your new cc merchant". BUT your old cc merchant has you over the proverbial barrel because they charge pretty much whatever the heck they want to release them. GP wanted something like a little over $500 to release mine. I said to heck with that. Sent out and am still sending a good amount of emails telling our customers what we did, change processors, why for better integration and security, and to please update their cards. So far a good number have gone to the customer portal and did this. And as I said we are still contacting others as time permits but winter is a great time for us to do this because we don't have tons of weekly recurring right now.

JFGLN likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    kemco

By my calculations I should save somewhere close to $2000 this coming year. They said around $1000 to $1500 bit add in no more $50 a month fee that I didn't even know I was paying and we should be close to the $2k savings.

JFGLN likes this.