SAP in-house merchant services?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kemco, Oct 9, 2019.

1. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

Got an email today about service autopilot and the cc processor Clearent has teamed up. Anyone familiar with Clearent. I'm currently using SAPs portal but Global payments as the processor. Fees are high. My average adding every fee up is just a tad over 4%. We do take American Express.

I've talked to a bank rep locally who says they think they can get me closer to a 2.5% average again all fees included.

I've been on the fence to change merchants anyway so anyone with info on Clearent is appreciated.

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

If you change merchants to outside of what sap offers will it still sync with their program and work on their portal?

3. OP
    OP
    kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

The bank rep told me yes it would. Just like when I signed up with global payments, formally open edge, one of their reps logged into my computer and did something remotely inside of my SAP setup screen and that's how that works. Assume the bank would do the same. I explained to them, bank rep, the portal, the system etc they just told me if global payments can be set up to do it they can too.

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, it will work. We use a local bank as our merchant and also use the portal.

kemco likes this.