Sarlo Power Mowers, Inc. launches BigMo™, a first-of-its-kind lawn mower

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Michael J. Donovan, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Sarlo Power Mowers, Inc. launches BigMo™, a first-of-its-kind lawn mower.

BigMo is the only 30-inch walk-behind mower with a hydro drive transmission.​

FORT MYERS, Florida – April 8, 2016 – Sarlo Power Mowers, Inc. introduces BigMo™, a walk-behind mower with a 30-inch cutting deck, hydrostatic transmission and the largest engine available in its class.

BigMo is built to commercial-duty specifications with power to spare and a hydrostatic drive system, providing the ultimate blend of performance and convenience. BigMo gets more done in less time, delivering a top quality, superior cut on manicured lawns. This 30 Hydro is also tough enough to handle rough cutting and heavy jobs, and is affordably priced at about $2,000.00.

Packed with features, BigMo is made in the U.S.A. with an 11 Ga. steel deck. It is the only 30-inch walk-behind mower on the market with a hydro transmission system. Other competitive walk-behinds are gear or belt driven units.

“BigMo represents a ground up, new design from Sarlo that answers a need in the market for a 30” mower,” said Sarlo Power Mowers’ President, Tony Sarlo. “This new design has the power required for a 30” mower to do a clean, efficient job along with a Hydro drive system that makes maneuvering a breeze.”

BigMo offers 7 cutting positions with no-tools height adjustment, bearing-mounted, no-flat front swivel caster wheels, positive reverse and differential axle, electric clutch, commercial, greaseable spindle and a fabricated frame. BigMo is powered by a large 10.5 Hp. Briggs & Stratton Intek™ engine.

Founded in 1935, Sarlo Power Mowers pioneered the high-wheel walk-behind mower. They are family-owned and the oldest lawn mower manufacturer in the United States under single ownership. The BigMo product introduction continues Sarlo’s more than 80-year tradition of innovation in American manufacturing. www.sarlomower.com

BigMo_front view.jpg

BigMo_2 units side-by-side.jpg

BigMo_front view.jpg

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

That looks pretty cool.

southerntide and Big-Mo like this.
  3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Looks as though this mower checks off the boxes that the other 30's are missing. Now, we have to see how it cuts and holds up.

Walker56, ericg, JLSLLC and 1 other person like this.
  4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Any new product is a good thing as it creates competition.

I'm trying to want one, but I don't know that it would work out as well as my Toro 30". It will likely last longer, but that doesn't help me during my work day if it doesn't have the features that I use.

5. TrainingWheels

TrainingWheels LawnSite Silver Member

Is that a single blade design?

~TW

6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

The article said single spindle.

Walker56, ericg and TrainingWheels like this.
  7. TrainingWheels

TrainingWheels LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, my friend it does.

BR,

~TW

8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Wonder how it does mulching.

Walker56 and ericg like this.
  9. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm not finding any info on them.

I see that the front of each in that photo is a different color - one is red and the other black.
    I wonder if there are two models?

I'd love to see one in action.

AMC32 likes this.
  10. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

I wonder if there is a control for each wheel. It looks like there is only one forward and one reverse control lever, which would make it difficult to use on hills going horizontally, assuming it is heavy (more than 200 lbs.).

It looks more like a 32" walk behind & has the big commercial look, that some customers do not like. I do not see any info on switching from side discharge to mulching or bagging. Features that the Toro/Exmark employ.

JLSLLC likes this.