Sarlo Power Mowers, Inc. launches BigMo™, a first-of-its-kind lawn mower

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Michael J. Donovan, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Big-Mo

Big-Mo Sponsor

Hello, Mo Sharpley here - customer service engineer with Sarlo Power Mowers. Thanks to everybody for their comments and questions on the all-new BigMo 30 Hydro! We're very excited about this new machine. To answer some questions here as they arise, first of all that's affirmative on the single-blade design. The new BigMo rigs are equipped with an 11 Ga. deck, fabricated frame, electric clutch and a 10.5 Hp. Briggs Intek engine. If you've been running 30" walks, that's the first thing you'll notice with BigMo - power to spare. As to questions on accessories, there WILL BE a grass catcher available. This is among the first items we attended to, post launch. Final designs are being approved as I write and we're just a couple of weeks away from having it. It's super easy on/off with 4.5 Cu. Ft. capacity, powder coated metal construction & built with a simple, removable dump door. The mulch kit is a two-piece proposition with an easy on/off fabricated and welded cover for the discharge chute. We pair that with a standard high-lift blade to achieve great mulching results. We appreciate your questions and comments. A BigMo video is coming soon. Thanks to all!

2. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

How do you turn it? Is it a single hydro similar to the Turfco/Exmark/Toro aerators, that has forward and reverse, without seperate controls for each rear wheel, that you turn by making a K turn or muscling it around, or does each rear wheel operate independently?

And is there any info on the weight of the mower?

JLSLLC likes this.
  3. Big-Mo

Big-Mo Sponsor

We appreciate your questions. It is a single hydro - a sealed-design, maintenance free Hydro-Gear 310 with bi-directional output rotation. I can't comment on the operation of those other manufacturers' aerators. I can tell you that BigMo weighs about 250 pounds and "muscling" it through the turns would be too strong a word. This mower turns very easily, turning tightly on each inside wheel. The automotive style differential and positive reverse allow me to make that K turn you speak of with two fingers on the drive bale. And the transition between forward, neutral and reverse is smooth as silk. As you know, most other hydro walks start with slightly wider cutting decks, and they do have independent wheel drives, but those hydro units start at more than twice the price of BigMo. This mower fits a space in the market nobody else occupies right now. Thanks, Mo Sharpley

JLSLLC likes this.
  4. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

I hope to see this mower is person as many. Ill have to check for a dealer in my area

ericg and Big-Mo like this.
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't look like you can adjust back of the deck????

6. Big-Mo

Big-Mo Sponsor

Sorry, I do not have a dealer in Jersey. There is one in Annapolis and one in Philly but those are likely too far. We're working every day to grow our dealer base in your section of the country.
    - MS

7. Big-Mo

Big-Mo Sponsor

Larry, do you mean height of cut? There are knurled knobs located on each rear side of the unit and a spacer system on the front casters. Height adjusts to 7 positions (no tools) from 1.5" to 4.5". In the 2 shot of the machines side-by-side, one unit is missing the knob on its rear height adjust bolts and the one in the foreground has it. - M. Sharpley

larryinalabama likes this.
  8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I tried to upload some pics I had if this unit. For guys with tight lots and rookies running mowers on them this may very well be your unit. They were at GIE last year and it looks to be a solid mower. If I weren't already running a 36" TT I would use this to do its job. As a homeowner with a half acre or less this would be ideal.

Big-Mo likes this.
  9. Big-Mo

Big-Mo Sponsor

Right on, Knoxville! For commercial landscapers, this is an ideal gate mower. For homeowners, BigMo is a luxury they deserve. Your TT is an excellent, high performing machine. BigMo is delighted to run with that crowd! - Mo

10. Unraveller

Unraveller LawnSite Senior Member

What's the weight and footprint?