Sarlo Power Mowers, Inc. launches BigMo™, a first-of-its-kind lawn mower

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Michael J. Donovan, Apr 9, 2016.

1. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

Awesome....I am considering one. Where can I purchase in Fort smith arkansas?

2. Big-Mo

Big-Mo Sponsor

Unfortunately, we have dealers in Little Rock and Pine Bluff but neither stock. Sarlo will work with you factory direct however. You can call 1-800-749-5296, or email Greg Randolph, greg@sarlomower.com for assistance and pricing. Appreciated, Mo Sharpely

3. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Silver Member
    from TEXAS

Is Briggs the only engine option? Not that is anything wrong with it. i have one on a 28" Worldlawn that I use for gated properties that is 4 years old.
    A little on the noise side, Wondering if the Honda GXV390 would be less noise?

Walker56 and 13Razorbackfan like this.
  4. Big-Mo

Big-Mo Sponsor

Before BigMo went into production from prototype, the design engineers added the electric clutch. The Honda lacked the amps to turn the clutch switch. The only available engine right now is the Briggs Intek, but it's a nice engine and it has some cool features like the spin-on oil filter. - Mo Sharpley

5. Big-Mo

Big-Mo Sponsor

Before BigMo went into production from prototype, the design engineers added the electric clutch. The Honda lacked the amps to turn the clutch switch. The only available engine right now is the Briggs Intek, but it's a nice engine and it has some cool features like the spin-on oil filter. - Mo Sharpley

6. Big-Mo

Big-Mo Sponsor

Also, a footnote to your question about the Briggs engine and noise. Sarlo added an aftermarket muffler to the BigMo. We think you'll find it runs more quietly than any experience you've had in the past. Thanks, Mo.

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

This ain't Sarlos first rodeo. If it was an issue in the past it was worked out before it hit the floor. I put a ton of wear on mine over the years. Fine turf or near bush hogging it climbed and cut without a hiccup. I honestly never felt the need to hydro it. I liked the friction drive. Never failed even in standing water.

Big-Mo likes this.
  8. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

Man...I wish I could go test one locally. Would probably buy one if I liked it. Tired of push mowing with a 21" in yards with 34" gates.

JLSLLC likes this.
  9. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Silver Member
    from TEXAS

Good to know about the muffler. Just upon recently I have never heard about Sarlo.
    Looking to this
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200354875_200354875
    Would you buy a another 21?
    This thing has something that you won't see on an eXmark or Toro, Snapper... A good size engine on it.
    My 28" Worldlawn is all loose, and I never make those than caster bearing to last, But the engine does not burn a single drop of oil between oil changes.
    Wish I could buy the Big-Mo but I just got my self a brand new 16ft pipe top trailer with brakes. Got to buy them one at a time LOL.

Walker56 and Big-Mo like this.
  10. Big-Mo

Big-Mo Sponsor

We really appreciate your comments, sir. Bill Antala with Cutter Power in Tampa has (or had) a couple of BigMos in stock if you'd like to see one. Thanks!