Sarlo Power Mowers, Inc. launches BigMo™, a first-of-its-kind lawn mower

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Michael J. Donovan, Apr 9, 2016.

1. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Gold Member
    from WV

I've kept quiet on this but I'm taking delivery of a Big Mo today.... Looking forward to it!

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Looking forward to rreading your reviews.

3. gcbailey

from WV

I will start a new thread on the mower and my initial impressions....

Big-Mo and sjessen like this.
  4. Micktyler

Micktyler LawnSite Member

Hey gcBailey, how do you like the Big Mo? I'm thinking about getting one but want to know what a commercial lawn maintenance man thinks. Thanks Mickey

sjessen likes this.
  5. gcbailey

from WV

Ugh, I can't remember if I made a new thread about the mower or not, must not have!

Anyways.... I used the mower for about 2 weeks then handed it off to my crew that does our small city lots. I believe the mower ended up getting about 125 hours put on it last season.

No issues at all with the mower. Definitely impressed with the Briggs engine. I will say that I was a Briggs hater after most of the crap they put out for over a decade, however this engine has been good and seems to be a great match for the mower.

The cut is still excellent, the single 30" blade with a deep deck creates LOTS of lift, the amount of lift that you don't want the blades engaged on a hard surface where it WILL pick up small pebbles, gravel, etc... and shoot it out.

The single hydro did take a little getting used to on some side slopes but it's something that after about 5 minutes you get it. Level ground, slight grades, no issues at all.

A larger fuel tank for commercial setups would be nice (1.5/2 gal) but it's no deal breaker.

I will say it has pretty much replaced our 21" mowers, our typical "city" lot setup (less than 1/4 acre) is now a 48", 36", 30".

The only gripe my guys have had, which is due to the property, is we have one back yard that is terraced and you have to drag the mower up steps, it's a 2 man job getting the mower up 2 sets of 6 steps where before with a 21" he could just pull it up the steps.

Anything I haven't covered just ask....

sjessen, DXN1EL, knox gsl and 2 others like this.