Lawn Care Forum banner

Satisfied Dodge truck owners post

30K views 174 replies 58 participants last post by  clydebusa 
#1 ·
I have been running at least one Dodge 2500 gas truck since We started in 2000, and have sold a 02 Ford F-350 7.3L crew cab dually long list of problems continued problems with front brake rotor warping, to a failed sprag gear in the transmission at 45,000, Cam postion sensor failures, poor HEUI injector performance.
I have had absolutly no problems with our Dodge trucks: no electrical problems, the cabs are air tight, Beds are soild, front end's are or did hold up well, the suspensions/leaf springs are Heavy duty. I don't know what other folks consider quality fit & finish, we are happy with how the Dodge interior has weathered commercial use.

The 5.9L Cummins diesel option & 48RE Transmission, are a dependable & soild seller here in the Midsouth, thier are many nice rigs Dodge 2500/3500 towiing & hauling heavy loads down the interstate.

#2 ·
I have a 01 and an 02 2500 diesel. These trucks are built for hard work. They have been abused and misused. Each has over 150000 miles and have had few problems. I have replaced one injection pump and two lift pumps at 130000 miles. They still have a few years left in them and I feel there are no better work trucks on the market.

#4 ·
I have 2 dodges 1996 2500 v 10 120000mi and a 1995 dodge 12v diesel 215000 mi relativly little problems to speak of fuel pump and starter on the v 10 both have been worked hard pulled trailers almost every day of their life and i have been very pleased. The diesel did get a small rip in the seat but 110 bucks at an apolstry shop got it recovered and the door is sagging a little on drivers side i think a little wind noise at 70 but for a truck that is almost 14 yrs old i really cant complain nothing major yet

#9 ·
i got a '03 had to replace a radiator hose, brake pads, and shocks. it's held up very well though

#10 ·
Let the oil fields or the mining operations have a Dodge and see how long it lasts :laugh:

Ford trucks are bought by Mining companies and other resource based operations for a reason. For one Dodge has a very unreliable 4wheeldrive system the axle interlock isn't reliable you need manual hubs. Dodge has bad problems with wheelbearings. Dodge uses cheap sheet metal that cracks and fails.

If you are using a truck for offroad use like mining operations don't buy a Dodge if your truck never leaves pavement maybe a Dodge is okay. There are trucks in resource based industry that never see a paved road. Some were bought brandnew took into a Coastal gravel mine where the only access is by boat. Same with forestry operations. The trucks run on rough roads and on sharp blast rock which is hard on tires and beats the h*ll out of the truck.

You Dodge lovers can keep your truck I seen what happens to Dodge truck when used for serious work they fall apart. If you have resource based operations using almost exclusively Ford it must say something and no its not because they are cheaper. Ford is one of the most expensive truck to buy Dodge is always 4-5 grand less even diesels.

I LAUGH so frigging hard when you guys brag about your Dodge working hard. Put it in a forestry bush camp or a mine for a year and see how well it does see if it comes back out of camp in one piece.

You look at some of the older Fords 92-97 F-350 4x4 SRW trucks that have had heavy loads on them all the time the overload spring tips are almost worn right through. The bump stops are worn thin. The F-350 4x4 dually service trucks that haven't seen a day since new with 4000lbs of welding gear on its back since new. These trucks were bought as cab and chassis a steel welding deck was put on then a gas powered compressor along with a 400 amp gas welder and toolboxes. Some of these old Fords are 84-86 and have spent all their life in tough conditions.

Untill Dodge lives up to that which they never have and never will you can't class a Dodge as a work truck.

What resource industries do to their work trucks make tough truck competitions look like a cake walk.

#11 ·
Ford trucks are bought by Mining companies and other resource based operations for a reason. For one Dodge has a very unreliable 4wheeldrive system the axle interlock isn't reliable you need manual hubs. Dodge has bad problems with wheelbearings. Dodge uses cheap sheet metal that cracks and fails.

If you are using a truck for offroad use like mining operations don't buy a Dodge if your truck never leaves pavement maybe a Dodge is okay. There are trucks in resource based industry that never see a paved road. Some were bought brandnew took into a Coastal gravel mine where the only access is by boat. Same with forestry operations. The trucks run on rough roads and on sharp blast rock which is hard on tires and beats the h*ll out of the truck.

You Dodge lovers can keep your truck I seen what happens to Dodge truck when used for serious work they fall apart. If you have resource based operations using almost exclusively Ford it must say something and no its not because they are cheaper. Ford is one of the most expensive truck to buy Dodge is always 4-5 grand less even diesels.

I LAUGH so frigging hard when you guys brag about your Dodge working hard. Put it in a forestry bush camp or a mine for a year and see how well it does see if it comes back out of camp in one piece.

You look at some of the older Fords 92-97 F-350 4x4 SRW trucks that have had heavy loads on them all the time the overload spring tips are almost worn right through. The bump stops are worn thin. The F-350 4x4 dually service trucks that haven't seen a day since new with 4000lbs of welding gear on its back since new. These trucks were bought as cab and chassis a steel welding deck was put on then a gas powered compressor along with a 400 amp gas welder and toolboxes. Some of these old Fords are 84-86 and have spent all their life in tough conditions.

Untill Dodge lives up to that which they never have and never will you can't class a Dodge as a work truck.

What resource industries do to their work trucks make tough truck competitions look like a cake walk.
I have seen all of the Big 3 brand trucks on Ax Men. But they are probably all just posers :rolleyes:.

#12 ·
never had a problem with any of my dodge's. Ive had 2 dakota's and a 2nd gen. cummins 2500. I just had to put a new track bar on my 2500 but front end problems can be common on a dodge, plus it was only $125 and it has 200k on it.

#14 ·
Let the oil fields or the mining operations have a Dodge and see how long it lasts :laugh:

just for the record, ford really cuts the prices in fleet sales to move more vehicles. just because you see fords in these situations doesn't always mean they are the best,......maybe just the cheapest?

#15 ·
I have seen all of the Big 3 brand trucks on Ax Men. But they are probably all just posers :rolleyes:.
Yeah... I hear ya. At least one poster didn't read the ? obviously...The title to the thread is... "Satisfied Dodge truck owner post":dizzy:

On another note my neighbor has an 06 ford diesel, and he had a dodge. He told me the other day he's going back to a Dodge next time. :laugh: My MPG's pulling are what his are empty.

#17 ·
My Dodge has held up better than my F-250. I'll never buy another ford.

#19 ·
I just bought a 04 2500 dodge ram 3 weeks ago and I have absoluty no regrets. She's very pretty, has plenty of power, and very comfortable to drive. The dodge's are actually rated higher than the fords. but no truck is perfect. I asked my mechanic wich trucks come into his shop the least and he said "they're all pieces of ****". I guess if you use your truck (especially if you plow), you gotta maintain it.

#20 ·
The last tank of diesel I went through just averaged 12MPG while towing 8hrs a day, I'm very happy with that
I havent had a full tank through towing yet but on 1/2 a tank towing, my 6.0 psd was 11.5 towing a 6.5x16. Thats not to bad. My 94 5.8 would only get 8-9 towing a 6x12.

#21 ·
My current truck is a 2002 ram 1500 with a 3.7 V6 w/ a 5 speed manual. It has 33,000 miles, and never had a problem with it. Handles and shifts like a bimmer. I have the work interior and the seats are cracking a little now. My father has had many dodge trucks in the past and never had a problem besides the 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 that was made in Mexico (POS) Thing would have 2 inches of water in it after a rain. Dealer tried to fix it, instead they just put dents in the body. Dad got disgusted and the dealer gave him his money back and dad bought a loaded dakota.

#22 ·

Man stfu about how great ford is. They all build a decent truck. I would buy any of 'em. this ford is God bs has to stop. How many bump stops have you worn out at your gov't job btw?

#23 ·

Yeh I hear YA !!That powerjoke 6.0 diesel is one hellava diesel engine(NOT:dizzy:) verses the cummins diesel they put in dodge trucks.Do some research and get back with us:hammerhead:

#24 ·
Some people need to keep their mouths shut. I am a Ford guy but just because they are used as fleet vehicles does not mean that they are the industry gold. Ford has had many blunders in the past: ZF Transmissions, spark plugs popping out for no reason, THE dreaded 6.0 diesel (only good for a boat anchor), front ends that are shot from the factory, just to name a few. Dodge has had its good and its bad, just as Chevy has. They are all good trucks, some have their good points and some have their bad. Dodge does have the Cummins though, a very big plus.

#25 ·
I had a 1999 F250 supercab with 7.3 and 6 spd traded it for a 2004 F250 CC,LB 2 wheel drive and automatic tranny loved the truck but HATED the FUEL MILEAGE only got about 10 MPG pulling 16ft landscaping trailer with 2 scag Saber tooth mowers the 99 would average about 14MPG
I found a 2005 Dodge 3500 CC,LB 2 wheel drive and 6 spd tranny and Cummins engine we are averaging about 15 MPG Like the FORD but can not live with the fuel mileage so I now drive a Dodge and am satisfied owner 41420 miles on unit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.