1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Saud...The "OLD" with the "NEW"...??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JuStone, Aug 14, 2005.

1. JuStone

JuStone LawnSite Member
    from SoCal

Greetings... Hopping to get a few tips on the best way to blend some new saud with some year old saud... The job will require me to remove around 600sqf of 1 year old saud, then reinstalled with a additional 200sqf of new saud.. I am confadent in the removal ect... but I am concerned that the marrige of the two when reinstalled will result in a very odvious contrast in "COLOR"... I have one week until the job starts... Maybe a good fertilizer for the old in hopes of greening it up a bit ... Any thoughts or tips would be great! Friend,JuStone.

2. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

what the h ell is saud?

3. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Im thinking we mean sod? maby some iron to green up the old sod before you transplant.

4. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

yeah i figured thats what he meant. just made me chuckle! :D

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It dependsw on wgere you're from, I guess! LOL Maybe he's from England, or something. I have some friends visiting from out east. we were talking about this last night while playin' cods. Well, I gotta go...I'm goin' to replace the stotta on my truck.