1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Saw the 06 standers today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meathead1134, Nov 2, 2005.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I went to Norfolk power equipment today with a coworker and walked right over to the standers to check out the new rapid height adjustment on the mowers. The deck height was adjusted easily by 1 lever. They had an 05 left over 48 inch, and the 1 I looked at was a 06 52 inch which is more compact. I found out that the newer mower is more compact to be aw some. I was quoted $6200.00 with a 19 kawai with a electric start and 200.00 for the grass catcher. I was drooling all over the place. I want to get 1 more season out of my JD gs45 before I buy another mower. I'd figure I let every one know. That thing looks awsome

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

i'm going firday to get parts for my viking i'll check'em out

3. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I saw them too a couple of weeks ago at my dealer. I like them too except for one thing. My stander has a platform that allows me to move around a little. The new platform is set up like a one wheeled sulky which forces you to lock your feet on each side of the middle "hump". I do like the fact that my dealer said he could make a bracket to bolt a seat onto the "hump" and make it into a Sentar Sport (of sorts).

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, the RH models are pretty much pretty close to a Sentar Sport without the seat. But to me, I dunno, the RH looks like the better of the 2 to me.

I'm sorry though, $6,200 sounds steep for a 19/52 ANYTHING.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Wright rider???

GIE-009.jpg

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well well well, what do we have here???
    This is a surprise.

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

John, Cool Pic. Got anymore? & Where did you find it?

John, Did you ever demo the sport? I'm going in the coming week to a dealer to see if I can set up a demo of the 36". Should be fun.

Rob

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The price on the 36" was almost the same in our area?? The unit is well built, but raising and lowering the unit is a load.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

thats strange seeing that Wright

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Yes i did. I have a hard time with there controls on the stander and the Sport. It did seem to be a good mower.

John