Scag 36” walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Db966, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Db966

Db966 LawnSite Member

So we have been looking like crazy for a 36” walk behind. Scag specifically, and preferably hydro. We finally found one and the guy said it’s in good condition and runs great but it’s got a small leak at the hydro tank. He says the pumps are good but I haven’t seen them yet. The mechanic said it will cost 300 dollars for parts and labor to replace the tank. And 5-600 without labor for each pump. It’s a 2013, wanting 1600. Is this a good deal or should I just go and find a belt drive since it’s cheaper maintenance??

8FFFBD06-1F50-4611-8284-2D425DAC2360.jpeg

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

That's not a very old machine to have that kind of problem. I'd steer clear.

3. OP
    OP
    Db966

Db966 LawnSite Member

So I just saw this, we actually bought it today. For 1,000 dollars. It runs and cuts great.. the kid was 15 and just wanted some cash I guess. It’s just a gasket/ seal that needs to be replaced on the tank. One of the hydro pumps was actually replaced already. So I think we got a decent deal. Hopefully it runs for a few years till we can really afford to buy some new equipment!!

DA Quality Lawn & YS likes this.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

No prob if the problem has been isolated and is easily repairable, you should be good.