Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS ALSO BELT DRIVE WITH 5 SPEED TRANS 1997-98-99 OR SO. WHAT IS IS WORTH. NO COMERCIAL USE ONLY AROUND 400 HRS OR SO SINCE HE MOWED ONCE A WEEK FOR THE SEASON FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. I WAS THINKING 800 BUT HE WANTS 1200. ANY INSIGHT AS TO THIS IS GREATLY APPRECAITED.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Elephant nest. That is what I really want to offer but it looks pretty clean for as old as it is. he is going to change all belts and oil before I take if I do so. I am trying to add to my arsenol for smaller tighter areas. I would appreciate more input thank you.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
If at ALL possible, look for a hydro, used if necessary. Worth the extra $$, trust me. Will save $$ in the long run, well...short run more likely.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem is finding a used hydro around here. I have other LCO's Offer there used equiptment but heck we all know when we are about ready to get rid of it it is about done for any ways. I will keep looking. thanks for the advice.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
The 36" Scag, belt

Used 1 hour a week and it maybe as old as 6 or 7 years?

I don't think $800 is unfair, but no more than that.

That is all we use. 48" - 36" - 32" Scags all belts. I have 36 & 32's that are geeeez...........old style. Toggle blade switch, not the yellow pull switch and I have that newer style with the yellow switch, Oh...........they are probably as old as the one your buying. They are in perfect working condition.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just bought a brand new 36" belt drive Scag 2 weeks ago. I already had a Scag 61" Turf Tiger and a vintage...(that means old)... John Deere 48" walk behind with a 17 Kaw on it. That little 36" Scag is a bulldog. It cuts so good that it will actually cut as fast as the 48". I know about the hydro's, but I love this little machine.:blob2:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I payed $2650 for the mower and about $200 for the Jungle wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.