1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

SCAG Cheetah 61" 32 Vanguard Price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by StihlBR600, May 12, 2012.

1. wisnegre

wisnegre LawnSite Member

I bought a new Scag Cheetah 61" with the 36 vanguard this year. List MSRP was $10,599. I ended up getting the Scag before taxes for $9,400. So do your research and remember if they want your business they will work with you. Also don't be afraid to price around.

2. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Snapper lol :laugh::laugh:

3. baileylawnservice

The problem with price shopping on a scag is they space their dealers out so much that you eat up your savings with fuel costs.

4. baileylawnservice

Also compare sales tax as well, a couple of % can make a difference

5. flamed69

flamed69 LawnSite Member

I have also been looking to buy a 61" Cheetah. A company near Dallas had a closeout on a 61" Kawi for $8,999. Just be patient and willing to travel and you will find some decent deals.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. baileylawnservice

7. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Originally Posted by HenryB View Post

Buy a Snapper Pro 200 Vanguard engine, ZT-5400 transmision (same as Cheetah), ICD deck cuts as good as Velocity and pay about $7400. Everybody thinks Scag Exmark Deere but there are honestly a lot better values out there.

Having had both I wonder why some pay 10 or $12 g's for brand name.

8. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

9. Nago In NJ

Nago In NJ LawnSite Member

I saw a Scag Cheetah today with 61" velocity deck and Kawasaki 850fx.. dealer wanted $10,791. I thought it was kind of high.. and that was the national promotion price.. I'd swear I got a price a few months back for $9960 same vendor.