1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Scag Cub pricing????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Local dealer here has two, both with 19 HP Kaw engines, 48 inch deck and is selling them for $5995... Is this a fair price???

2. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

we got a 20hp 48" cub with 4hrs from the best dealer in town for 5500.00 that was on Jan 15 in a snow storm now it is selling for 6900.00. looks like a good deal to me.:p

3. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like the machine??? Do you feel it could be a solo guys workhorse, or does it lack the versatility to be on small lawns???? I keep going back and forth on whether to start with a Scag 52 WB or the Tiger Cub...

Thanks, Jon

4. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Jon,

I just bought a 52" Scag Tiger Cub this year and I am cutting all my lawns in less time. There is only one lawn that I cant cut due to the small gate (36"). I still use my 36" WB for that property. I would say it is the best investment I have ever made.

I don't sweat as much all day either. You said it right "this is the workhorse". I bought the 52" 23HP Air-Cooled Kawasaki for $6850.00 I think you found a pretty good deal.