1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Scag Domoed today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jerry and Sons, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Piked up a 61 inch scag 27 hp 06 wild cat today. I was advised by the dealer that this mower was the greatest in wet grass and all other conditions. I picked the mower up at 4 pm and we were mowing by 4:30 pm in the middle to end of a huge rain storm. To my surprise this deck cut the wet grass better than my exmark in the best conditions and did not clump at all. What a mower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I am sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:cool2:

2. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

is it got the new velocity plus deck? that things got a massive discharge chute, but be careful it will prolly leave you w/ massive clippings if your discharging.

3. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a new tiger cub with the vilocity plus deck. that thing throughs clipings a good 10 feet. i am considering a mulching plate to eliminate this since i do so much residential and don't care for that liability. Other wise, it seems to be a great mower so far.

4. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Yes it is the velocity deck. I was duschargeing with out a problem. We have the mower until Friday so we will see how it handles some dryer conditions.