Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! So I bought a used 36” scag, I have a wright hydro and the handles are comfortable. When I bought this one I didn’t realize how much further the handles are apart. I feel like my hands are doing the splits lol. I went and messed with one of the rods (the one in the pic above the spindle thing) to try and lower the gap, ended up making reverse not work so well lol. Anyhow, not so worried about the reverse I’ll just undo what I did but is there anyway to make the handles not so spread apart? I feel like this should be Shaquille O’Neals mower with how wide it is lol. Thank you!!
Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle Wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Bicycle fork Tire

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Finger

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Generally you can do some adjustments but it might effect your braking ability. You can also then tighten up the breaks but then you run the risk of burning out the belts and brake band. It’s a trail and error type of adjustment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Major props for jumping in on a pistol grip mower! I'm still struggling with mine, a sulky feels like a skateboard to me, lol.

Sorry, that I can't offer any help here.

My Grass Lady, (my Wendy woo), prefers a ZTR only, (guess I do too), showed her the pistol grip with and w/o the sulky and she said NO to both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Major props for jumping in on a pistol grip mower! I'm still struggling with mine, a sulky feels like a skateboard to me, lol.

Sorry, that I can't offer any help here.

My Grass Lady, (my Wendy woo), prefers a ZTR only, (guess I do too), showed her the pistol grip with and w/o the sulky and she said NO to both.
Hehe ty! Yea I can 100% relate to that. Agree with the sulky haha, I was looking at one of those pro slides I think they are called. Jack knifed the handles into my side few times on that dang one wheeled sulky. Wasn’t fun lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Generally you can do some adjustments but it might effect your braking ability. You can also then tighten up the breaks but then you run the risk of burning out the belts and brake band. It’s a trail and error type of adjustment.
I gotcha, hmm I definitely don’t wanna do that so I’ll just leave it as is. Get some good hand exercises going on haha. Ty!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Hehe ty! Yea I can 100% relate to that. Agree with the sulky haha, I was looking at one of those pro slides I think they are called. Jack knifed the handles into my side few times on that dang one wheeled sulky. Wasn’t fun lol.
I have a Gravely hydro walk-behind with pistol grips and a ProSlide XT. Can't speak much for adjusting handles, but can definitely recommend a ProSlide....you won't be disappointed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts