1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Scag High Velocity Decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuck bow, Jan 5, 2007.

1. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Couldnt post a quick reply so i will try this as some arent aware of the new decks Discharge side is some 40% bigger than the Old Advanatage decks and front of deck on the under side is almost like the old style pre advantage deck days should be a big improvement , also we have been running a high lift blade on discharge side and 2 standard lift on the other 2 helps alot with air flow , also on the older advantage deck we have removed the turbo baffel to open up the discharge , this last idea came from a old pro who used to be a member here and is quite respected in this industry in and around this area ( you know who you are !!!!!!!)

2. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Are you running that blade setup on the Advantage deck or the Velocity Plus deck?

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

chuck,

In this case, I have an old thread I'd like you to take a look at for me if you don't mind.
    Very tightly related... so I'd like your opinion....

I just gotta dig the old thread back up.
    I'll post a link here if/when I find it.

THANKS

4. Envy Lawn Service

5. Envy Lawn Service

The second thread is mine and also covers some more of the stuff I want to ask you about.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144583

Primarily Chuck, I am interested in discussing discharge openings and turbo baffles with you. We might be able to help each other a bit. I think I have info you might be able to use, and I think you have info I might can use.

You will see in the first thread that I posted pictures of one of my mowers in post #6, post #7 and post #8. As you can see in those pictures... Scag and Lesco share a similar shape at the rear of the discharge opening, which is slanted like so /........|

I'd like to talk to you some, but at the same time, I don't want to totally hijack your thread either. So browse those two threads a little for me and let me know where you would rather have discussion.

THANKS

6. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Turf Tiger with the velocity deck and a Tiger Cub with the advantage deck. The velocity deck discharges much better than the advantage.

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely the velocity feathers the grass better.