Scag Patriot, Bad Boy Maverick, or Kubota z421?

IamAverageJoe

LawnSite Member
I'm building on 5 acres in Goldsby, OK. It currently is somewhat flat with a couple good bumps and almost no trees. It will eventually be more flat, with many trees. I'm looking at the Scag Patriot w/ 61" deck and Kawasaki FX engine, the Bad Boy Maverick w/ 60" deck and Kawasaki FS engine, and Kubota z421 w/ 60 inch deck and GH7301v engine(?). Any thoughts, experiences, recommendations? Anything I'm not looking at but should? Price range around 5-8k.

ggb6259

LawnSite Senior Member
Closest dealers for those and other brands?

ggb6259

LawnSite Senior Member
I would recommend Ferris or Simplicity for the suspensions and they are built heavy duty. Might get into a IS2100 definitely a IS 700 for the money. New is the IS800 but not sure you get a 60incher..

OP
I

IamAverageJoe

LawnSite Member
I'll take a look at the Ferris IS700. I think the Simplicity may be too expensive. It looks like I have to go to the Citation XT to get the 61" deck, and since it is right at 8k, any accessories (mulch kit is a necessity at least). I don't know much about the Briggs and Stratton engine, which seems to be the standard for the Ferris and Simplicity both.

ggb6259

LawnSite Senior Member
Briggs owns both plus Snapper. They have briggs cyclonic motors check out Briggs video on the design and how it works. My IS600 runs a 25hp Briggs with ZT3400 hydros. It's overkill for what I do. A do over puts me in same thing with a 52" deck.