1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Scag price check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by SomervilleLawncare, Feb 20, 2014.

1. SomervilleLawncare

SomervilleLawncare LawnSite Member

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2010 Scag Turf Tiger/ 61" velocity/ 31hp liquid cooled kohler with 280 hours on it in great shape for $6400 plus tax. I think it sounds like a good deal, but would like to see what some other people think? Thanks!

2. dathorpe

dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member

I love Scag and I own some Tigers. I also like Kohler... But I was told by a dealer that Scag quit carrying the Kohler 31 liquid cooled because it was a "problem engine".
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

Buy it!!! Great deal a new one here is $12k. Unless you buy 2 then get them for a little over $9k
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. kube616

kube616 LawnSite Member

Sounds like a great deal to me. Really Scag has changed so many engines because almost every engine has a problem, but it's just the usually wear and tear over time I think. No small engine will last forever

5. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Sounds like a goo deal to me , i would buy it if i was in your shoes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I couldn't agree more, at $6,400 I'd be all over it.

7. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Good price but no warrantee
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. SomervilleLawncare

SomervilleLawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up buying it. It was a residential trade-in and is in awesome shape. They threw in a new battery and two free services. I'm excited to cut some grass with it.

9. Ashton allgower

Ashton allgower LawnSite Member

I have that exact mower. Had crank case seep and valve covers leak in 2 days. Replaced the right side coil pack. I turned it up because it was a dog for power. I dis like kohler engines but for that money, I'd have bought it too.... Nice find !!!! Just watch it and do your maintenance...

10. offrode2

offrode2 LawnSite Member

Looking for some info on pricing for 36 in v-ride during fleet price special. I was quoted $6400 for19hp model after discount. Any input
    Posted via Mobile Device